Friday, October 22, 2004

 

Smile

I'm Glenn Cripes. LOL :)

Rock journalists are such liar heads. I just got a copy of 'Smile' by Brian Wilson. It was supposed to come out after Pet Sounds in the sixties but it didn't. This is a really stupid headed record. It works as a time capsule if you're the type who would want to save the guest towel that your grandmother wiped her butt on when she first started going senile. There's nothing beautiful about it. It reminds me of a rock opera I wrote about Oreo cookies when I was a kid.

What makes me mad is that it glorifies mental illness. Brian Wilson was always a spazz, but he was a clever spazz that made good music once. Smile is not good music. That stuff is cute for a 3 year old, but not an adult. Childlike innocence I like, but this is a child with a pantload of poop and grape jelly all over his shirt.

Glenn Cripes says 'stay away'.


Comments:
i laughed so hard i broke my chair.
thanks for the blog, manho.

the Nudnik.
 
thanks, mr anonymous. hope you check in every day and email the link to all your friends and family and even guys you don't really know that well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?