Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

please don't be long, please don't you be very long, please don't be long or i may be asleep

hey, finally, after 35 years, there's a buzz out on the street that says, yes, they've finally arrived (sorry about all these commas).

we sort of thought we'd never see another like them but, just when you think the potato has finally fried itself into a stew, you turn around and... wow! could it be? and yes, we have no doubt this time, the buzz on the street has it nailed: this guy is the new beatles:



who the fuck is he? i hear you ask (not really, but you know what i mean). ok, he's the new kid on the fucking block. the name? ok, you heard it first here at manholand... conor oberst.

remember the beatles? here they are, (left to right) george, paul, john and ringo:



you thought nobody could write a nifty melody like those guys, right? well, you were wrong. check out conor's stuff:

Favorite quotes from Conor
Most (all for now) of these quotes are taken from his lyrics.

"There's all body types, but there's just one size"

"I'm gonna start a factory the size of a country. I'm gonna teach them all to work for liberty. Oh, but I'm not one for handouts. No, they gotta pate their dues.
They can make our shoes. And then we'll walk on you! Always on the move."

"I'll run my mouth,
but never mind the shit that I sing about because I'd sell myself to buy a fucking house.
Twelve thousand square foot, four car garage. Tennis court and swimming
pool in the back yard. I know it can seem like a lot, but that is why I pay someone to clean it up.
We're gonna clean it up. My big house."

"Now I'm staring at my wrist hoping that the timing is right. When the planets will align. There will be no planets to align. Just the carcass of the sun and those little, painted marbles spinning senseless through an endless, black sky."

"Now I believe that lovers should be draped in flowers and laid entwined together on a bed of clover and left there to sleep, left there to dream of their happiness."




makes "michelle, ma belle" look like an old slag selling the big issue outside sainsbury's, right?

the beatles? don't make me laugh. sorry i ever listened to them. this guy conor is the new thing, alright. mark my words.




here we go round the cripesberry bush

anyway, enough of conor for now (but you can be sure manho will be following his career just like some bulldog fucking drummond or something), it's time for me to take my weekly "alternative lifestyle" break. tomorrow i'll be cooling my heels at the "shitzu foot-massage parlour and wine bar".

but don't worry, glenn "conor prabst? love the guy" cripes will be here with a review of the latest conon parbst cd single. or maybe something else, you never know with the fat boy.

see you guys on saturday.


Comments:
thanks nick. conor oberst - good stuff. to quote Brown University President Ruth Simmons,
"Familiar and appetizing offerings can certainly be a pleasing dimension of learning, but too much repetition of what we desire to hear can become intellectually debilitating."
 
Didn't Art Garfunkel sing a song about that guy?
 
http://www.saddle-creek.com/
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?